Sunday, November 10, 2013
little ring dish is the kit I ordered. It hasn't actually arrived yet, but I'll tell you all about it when it does.
I'm not getting any sort of kick back from them. I just thought it was a really cute concept and the projects are amazing and wanted to share. I'm really hoping it is awesome and then I may place a few orders for Christmas presents. My sister would love a little kit.
You can use the code "howdydarby" to get $10 off your order! That would make some of these adorable kits just $9 and I believe if you sign in to their website you get free shipping for a year. It's really a great deal.
Have any of you had any experience with Darby Smart?
Saturday, April 20, 2013
This quarter I need a new pair of jeans. I have two pairs, one boot cut and the other more of a wide leg. I need something skinny or strait. I want to dip my toe into designer denim. I have had a pair of Sevens before and I currently have a pair of Rock & Republic which I love. I don't necessarily want to pay full price so I will probably go to Nordstrom Rack or a cool consignment shop in Bethesda called Mustard Seed. Also, my favorite pair of shoes are worn out. They are a cute pair of yellow Miz Mooz. These will replace the old ones quite nicely. I need some cardigans and some gingham. I love gingham. I'm glad it's becoming more popular. So I think this is what my spring outfit looks like. What do you think?
Friday, April 19, 2013
- Calder loves preschool. I always knew he would. It just took him a month (or two) to warm up to it. Now he is sad on days when he doesn't have school. He has made some really amazing friends. They innocently run around pretneding to be squirrels and skunks. They dig holes and explore nature. I love it. He loves it.
- We moved. Like 5 months ago. We are renting this adorable house. I absolutely love it. I'll show you pictures. I promise. Right now I'm enjoying decorating the porch. It is going to be our outdoor eating and lounging place. Stay tuned for that.
- Jason is really enjoying work. Through a stroke of luck for me instead of being gone for a month he had a month off. We went to London. It was awesome.
- Colette is so close to walking. I love that too. It is interesting to see how two kids from the same parents can be so different. Colette loves to practice. She has bruises on her legs from all her stair climbing but she is determined to go up and down all by herself. Thankfully she hasn't ever fallen. Calder at this stage didn't want to try anything unless he was sure he could do it. He would think about a skill for a while before trying it. He was often successful at it because he practiced it so much in his mind. He still does that.
- Colette is a tease and loves to laugh and have a good time.
- I've started sewing again. I don't know why it takes me so long to get back into the groove after having a kid. It seems to be so overwhelming for the first year or so. Now Colette is pretty content to play alone for a few minutes here and there throughout the day. And she sleeps better at night, so I can start projects without worrying if they will wake her up.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
You avoid buying anything other than the necessities and you limit those. So you can pay rent and utilities. And you can buy gas and food. But I limit my food budget. This year because Calder has been eating a lot more and Colette has been eating solid food I am going to set a weekly food budget of $60.
here and here. I honestly love spending fast month. Not because it's easy but because it stretches me in ways I didn't imagine I could stretch. You should totally stretch with me.
Misery loves company right?! Just kidding. This will be fun.
Thursday, February 14, 2013
If you need an inexpensive and quick project to brighten up this love holiday, this is it!! The finished product can be a coaster, window or wall decor, added to a pin for a wearable valentine, slapped on a headband, clip or bobby pin, or used on the table to add color and holiday spirit.
-paper heart doilies
-hot glue and gun
1. Use a paper doilie as a guide to cut out a felt heart.
Friday, September 14, 2012
This post brought to you by Revlon. All opinions are 100% mine.
When I was in high school and all my friends were experimenting with makeup and basically wore it every day. I was on the swim team and didn't have much interest in smeary racoon eyes every afternoon. So I basically wore it to prom. And that's it. Yep, I was that girl. Very all natural.
As I've gotten older I have enjoyed the look and feel of some makeup. Most of the time I only wear eye makeup and nail polish. Sometimes I even throw on the perfect shade of red lipstick. I generally don't wear anything on my skin other than sunscreen. Makeup typically feels heavy and weird on my cheeks. I don't know how to describe it other than it feels like my skin can't breath.
So, when Revlon sent me a fun new eye shadow and makeup primer as part of the Revlon Expression Experiment I was intrigued and cautiously hopeful that it wouldn't feel cakey. And it didn't! The primer felt just like a light, clean lotion. A light lotion that evened out my skin and made it look amazing without looking fake. What a lucky day.
I love the way Revlon creates makeup that is so easy to use. The eye shadow set they sent me came with four eye shadows to use together to make a fabulous looking eye! And on the back they included instructions how to create something awesome. Thank goodness. I got a late start on the makeup gig and now that I have two kids I don't have as much time to experiment. Revlon made it easy. They give all women the power to change their looks on a whim and I love that! I'm going to put more effort into trying new things with my makeup. I'm going to start using the Revlon Expression Experiment Facebook application. And you should too! I would love to see what you come up with. I can use all the help I can get!
Want to see a little before and after? Here's me without makeup:
Thanks Revlon for making my every day look more put together.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Thursday, August 2, 2012
- I am loving being a mom of two. I am surprised how nicely their demands are met in shifts and it is rare that they both urgently need me at the same time. I love that I can give Calder one on one attention while Colette sleeps and Colette gets special time while Calder has quiet time. I don't have much time left in the day to sew but I know that time will come.
- It's interesting how my son's independence has increased since Colette was born. He is so big these days.
- I hate typing one handed while I feed the baby.
- I love how flexible newborns are. I just pop her in the sling and away we go. She hates her car seat so we try to walk or metro as many places as possible.
- We are eating tons of fruit these days.
- I'm so impatient about getting back to my pre-pregnancy clothes. I feel like I wear the same things over and over again because I don't fit in many things. I'm also torn between buying something that fits now that probably won't work when I lose the last 10 lbs and just waiting. I'm rather tired of the clothes that fit now. What do you do?
- I re-arranged my bedroom and it looks so much better. I'll take pictures for you all soon.
- I'm trying to prep Calder for starting preschool NEXT MONTH! I'm not really sure what to do other than talk about it here and there and get really excited about it.