Thursday, June 18, 2009

20 Minute Skirt

I saw this tutorial from Grosgrain and knew I had to try it! It was indeed as easy as she said it would be. I've made tons of skirts but never like this. This would be an awesome first skirt for a novice sewer. It's strait lines and you don't have to use a pattern. You can also adjust it to make it not so full. If I were to do it again I think I would decrease the fullness a bit. It's very comfortable and you don't even need a full yard of fabric to make it! If you try this, I would love to see it!





3 comments:

Beth said...

what did you do to yours at the bottom hem? was the fabric like that, or do I see ric-rac and such?

houseofbadcats said...

i liniked over here from the grosgrain tutorial, and i love your skirt, especially with the contrasting band at the bottom and the rickrack. i'm thinking of adding a band with pipiing to mine.

happyfamily said...

The only bad thing is that my kids pull my elastic waist skirts off me all the time. I hate it, because they're so easy to make, and nice and flexy on my post baby body, but the kids pull them down. It's quite embarrasing!

Love the craft blog- you're so so creative and talented.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...