Sunday, January 2, 2011

Strawberry Pants

 Making pants for me has always scared me to death. I attempted once a few years ago but it didn't end well. I have been wanting to make more of my clothes and since I wear pants quite frequently I decided it was about time I gave it a go again. I am so glad I did. This was one of those projects I started one day and was able to wear them the next. I'm not kidding. It was fast and easy. 

I used Simplicity 3850.
These pants have a lower rise, great pockets and a nice, strait leg. The instructions are well written, clear and I definitely feel like I ended up with pants that looked similar to the package.

I used a strawberry colored canvas that I bought at the thrift store a few months ago. I knew immediately that I wanted to make pants out of it but it took a while to get up the guts to make it happen.
 I like the flap pockets in the back and the fit is perfect. I will be wearing these a lot and will probably be making another pair quite soon. When it gets warmer I want to make a pair of knee length shorts using this pattern.
After I have a successful sewing project I have this major high. I get so excited and can't wait to jump into the next project. I love that high. I'm going to call it sewers high. It gives me so much confidence to try something new. This is why I sew.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ok, those look great!! I'm very impressed. I feel like pants would be tough. Zippers, pockets too hard. After this post maybe I'll get me a pattern and give it a go. By the way, all of your little projects lately are fabulous. I loved the little friends you made Calder.

happyfamily said...

They look great! I am wearing my current fave thing that I made, which is a hooded pullover. It turned out great and gave me a major sewer's high as well. I made pants once and they turned out good, but were too small, so that was disappointing. I'll have to try again- I have some wool I've been meaning to make pants with. Love all of your recent posts!

Danielle said...

Wow. Those are fantastic. You are really quite the seamstress! Also I love that shirt you are wearing with the pants. Did you make that too? :)

Cami said...

Thanks for all the positive comments. I really appreciate them. And I honestly do love these pants. I've worn them three times in the last week.

Melissa - just try. I love this pattern and you can usually find Simplicity at JoAnn's for $1.00. So worth it.

Sarah - I want to see pictures of your hoodie!

Danielle - I wish made the shirt but nope, I got it from Target a LONG time ago. I'm going to attempt my first button up soon. Wish me luck!

Lorraine said...

NO WAY! Pants. Cami, you've got serious skills.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...