Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thrifting

Monday was 1/2 price day at the thrift store. Good stuff I tell you. Half price day is an experience you have to see to believe. There are probably a hundred or more people lined up outside the store when it opens. Everyone rushes in to get a cart and start shopping. People are everywhere. We were there for the opening but waited in our car. We scurried in after they opened and still got a cart and did our business. But that way we weren't cold. I found some amazing finds. I'm so excited to share them with you. 

 The Thomas backpack and cars are Calder's finds. He was thrilled. He also got a flag which makes him the happiest boy around. I also got 6 pairs of hot pink tights and one pair of aqua, cantaloupe, black and brown. All new and still in the original package. Awesome. Don't worry, I shared the pink tights with my thrifting friends. I'm not sure what those linens are. I plan to use them for little girl  dress accents. You just wait!
 Vintage trims. My favorite for sure. I think I buy more every time I go. They always have such good things. I haven't ever seen such adorable bias tape as the striped ones. My heart skips a beat when I see it. I can't wait to come up with a project for them. I'm thinking pot holders.
 Oh yeah and Calder got these fridge magnets. I have a project idea for these too.
 Large cuts of fabric. The one of the left is 2 yards and the one on the right is 3. They are both 100% wool. Deliciousness. Of course I have a thousand ideas for these.
 This skirt. I LOVE this skirt. It is a Pendleton skirt and fits like a glove. I can't wait to wear it. Like tomorrow and the next day.Maybe with my new aqua tights.
 Here's a close up.
I also got this adorable, red, real leather belt. I LOVE it. It also fits like a glove. Don't worry. This outfit probably won't happen in real life. I don't think it matches at all. I also got a gold brocade blazer. It is too big and the picture didn't turn out but I am hoping to size it down and make it really cute. I'll show you when I get it done.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Ha, I'm glad you said something about the outfit not matching because I was thinking, "Oh dear. I don't know about that outfit." I felt bad about thinking that until your comment. :)

Can I order some hot pads?? I've now fried my favorite pot holders (sale finds from Anthropologie) three times by accidentally setting them on the off but still very hot stove burners... Bummer.

Cami said...

That is such a bummer. You bet I'll make you some hot pads.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...