Happy Friday! I hope you have great plans for the weekend. If not, here's a project for you.
My husband bought me a Kindle for my birthday / Christmas this last year. I love it and use it all the time. I have seen lots of fancy Kindle covers but of course, knew I could make my own. And I love it.
Cut the following pieces of exterior AND interior fabrics.
(2) 6 1/2 x 9 1/2 inch (for the cover)
(1) 3x6 inch (for the flap)
You will also need 2 buttons and a 15 inch piece of piping (optional).
1. Sew the two large exterior pieces together, with right sides together leaving one of the small sides open. Turn.
2. Repeat step one with the interior pieces but don't turn.
3. Baste the piping to the exterior fabric of the flap piece.
4. Sew the flap pieces together, right sides together. The piping should be in the middle. Clip the corners and turn.
5. Pin the flap to the center of one side of the cover and baste.
6. Tuck the exterior fabric bag into the interior fabric bag, making sure right sides are together. Sew around the top, leaving 3 inches along the front to turn.
7. Turn your cover and sew the top all the way around.
8. Make your button holes in the flap and sew on your buttons.
And you're done!
Oh and don't add the extra pucker I did in the front. I need to unpick it and re-do it. I just couldn't wait to show you guys.