Saturday, March 12, 2011

Me Made March - March 12

What a beautiful Saturday! We had a great morning at the thrift store with friends and in the afternoon we took a walk / bike ride around the town. It was such a wonderful day with perfect spring weather. 

Yesterday we went to JoAnn's to buy some thread and this fabric was calling my name from across the store. I bought three yards and whipped up a maxi-dress to wear today. I LOVE IT! It is a really simple pullover dress with cap sleeves. I love the way it looks with a cardigan and these shoes. Can you believe I can wear sandals and not get frozen! Yeah March! I have some leftover fabric and I think I'm going to make a twisted or braided belt for it.

5 comments:

Bitterbetty said...

I am so impressed with your exuberant fabric choice, how well it suits your project and your fast fast sewing job!
WOW!

Melanie said...

Cute dress! And to whip it up that fast! awesome. I've thought about buying Owen one of those Skuut bikes but didn't know if it would be too big for him. It's nice to see that Calder fits on it!

Melanie said...

Cami- I love this!!! I want one too!

Did you use a pattern (and if so, which one??) or just make it up?

Camilla Wilcox said...

For this dress I just made up the pattern. I used a cute pullover shirt from my closet to guess the top and then just added length. It doesn't have any closures (zippers or buttons) so it was really fast to sew together.

LuAnn said...

Finally getting around to try to catch up here, but I'm so far behind I won't get caught up tonight. I love this dress! I'd love to make that. Is it knit fabric?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...