Monday, February 27, 2012

New Outfit

*Updated to include sources*

As the spending fast comes to a close I've started assessing my list of things to buy in March. One of those is a whole new outfit. My great friend LuAnn told me her plan of buying a whole new outfit every quarter. That's four new outfits a year but that's it. I love this idea because I tend to wear the same favorite pieces over and over again anyway. I also have a hard time spending lots of money for my clothes, but if I know this is the only shirt I'm buying this quarter, it can be higher quality and therefore more expensive. 

Recently Ain't No Mom Jeans posted a blog post about quality vs quantity that really stuck with me. I really prefer nicer clothes that I love vs. the same old t-shirt. I am committing myself to this plan for the year. I'm excited to see how it goes. 

Obviously being pregnant throws a little wrench into the plan. I think I am going to spend more on shoes, bags, scarves and jewelry because those are the things I can use forever. I'm still trying to figure out what outfit to buy. It's a lot harder than it seems. 

Here are a few of the pieces I like. 
Source
Source

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source




So I need your help. I know I have two outfits shown and can only get one.

What outfit would you choose? If you could spend any amount of money for a new outfit (not that I can) what would you buy?

6 comments:

emilymhjohnson said...

I vote for outfit number one. But they're both awesome! What a smart way to buy clothes. And P.S. I will die if I can't have that first necklace. Where is it from???

happyfamily said...

I think I'd like to wear the 1st one more. Maternity, ugh. Maybe I should start sewing now for when/if I get pregnant again. Now I actually have the energy. (But not the ambition- I really dislike being pregnant!)

Danielle said...

I love the first outfit! Definitely a winner. Where are those yellow shoes from?

Buying shoes is one of my biggest challenges in life... I just can't seem to find shoes that are cute (and what I'm looking for), comfortable, and good quality. I've recently returned like three shipments to zappos with zero luck of finding a pair that works. I've given up for now, but I always keep my eyes out.

Danielle said...

Oh, also I forgot to say that I love that bracelet though. And you should post links to where this stuff is available, because I really like a lot of it.

emilymhjohnson said...

Thanks for posting sources Cami!!! In answer to your question (what would you buy if money were no object) I've had my eye on those Hatch dresses everyone keeps blogging about. I'm not pregnant but I hope to be again someday and those dresses are to die for. Made me think of you because you are expecting!

http://hatchcollection.com/shop/product/the-dinner-party-dress/

Amy said...

Outfit #1 definitely! looks more stain resistant. :) Always an important feature of mommy clothes and I love that you could change up the accents for a whole new look.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...