Thursday, August 2, 2012

List as of Late

  • I am loving being a mom of two. I am surprised how nicely their demands are met in shifts and it is rare that they both urgently need me at the same time. I love that I can give Calder one on one attention while Colette sleeps and Colette gets special time while Calder has quiet time. I don't have much time left in the day to sew but I know that time will come. 
  •  It's interesting how my son's independence has increased since Colette was born. He is so big these days.
  • I hate typing one handed while I feed the baby. 
  • I love how flexible newborns are. I just pop her in the sling and away we go. She hates her car seat so we try to walk or metro as many places as possible.
  • We are eating tons of fruit these days.
  • I'm so impatient about getting back to my pre-pregnancy clothes. I feel like I wear the same things over and over again because I don't fit in many things. I'm also torn between buying something that fits now that probably won't work when I lose the last 10 lbs and just waiting. I'm rather tired of the clothes that fit now. What do you do? 
  • I re-arranged my bedroom and it looks so much better. I'll take pictures for you all soon. 
  • I'm trying to prep Calder for starting preschool NEXT MONTH! I'm not really sure what to do other than talk about it here and there and get really excited about it.

3 comments:

DeAnn Payne said...

Too cute! Sounds like things are going super good :) It's nice that she likes the sling and you have other options besides the car. We are 30 miles outside of town so if I had a baby that didn't like the car seat and cried the whole time...yikes. Hit up Ross or Marshall's or whatever affordable place you fancy and get a few things. Try and find stuff you can wear after you lose 10lbs and if you can't then oh...well but it's not worth the frustration. Super cute and casual skirts that have elastic waistbands etc. Try not to be hard on yourself, give your body some time. I always told myself I had to wait 6 months before I started getting upset about weight.

Danielle said...

Yeah, the after-baby stage is hard when you're in between maternity clothes and your normal clothes.

It's probably worth buying at least a few things that you will enjoy wearing now even if you lose weight and won't be able to wear them later. If you don't want to spend much money, then try thrift stores (I know you're great at scoring good thrift store finds) and sale racks. But it's probably worth it to go ahead and get some things, especially if you plan to have more kids and will be in that stage again later.

I'm kind of in the same position right now, but on the opposite end. I'm growing out of my regular pants/shorts/skirts, but I don't fit into maternity bottoms yet. Luckily, I have a whole stash of clothes that used to be my normal clothes before I got pregnant with Miles (I had to buy all new clothes after I lost all the weight from Miles because I was actually smaller than before). I'm so glad I kept them! They are perfect pre-maternity clothes. And I imagine they will come in handy again after this baby is born.

LuAnn said...

Hi Camilla! Long time no see! I miss you. I suggest you buy one pair of pants and a couple shirts. Don't spend too much, but get something you feel good in. I have a bunch of medium shirts that are just waiting for me to have another baby...they may be waiting a very long time yet. You can borrow them if you like.

I'm sure Calder will be just fine in preschool. Don't feel bad if he doesn't even look back on his first day. Though I should take my own advice there.

Hope things are going well. Want to see you soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...